Donna C. Hung, Esq.
Attorney, Mediator, Collaboratively Trained, Owner
Donna C. Hung focuses her work on family law and criminal defense. She is a litigator, certified mediator, and a dispute resolution professional. She is AV Preeminent-rated by her peers since 2015, an award given to a select group of lawyers recognized for their legal ability and ethical standards. Since 2013, she was and still is recognized as a Florida Rising Star and now Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine.
She practices traditional family law as well as collaborative law, featuring a process that seeks settlement without going to court. In the traditional sense, her family law work includes divorce, alimony, property division, prenuptial/postnuptial agreements, relocation, child custody and visitation, parental responsibility, child support, contempt and enforcement, domestic violence, and paternity. Ms. Hung also handles uncontested divorces, complex contested divorces, Department of Revenue child support enforcement defense, modifications, domestication of foreign decrees, emergency motions, and father’s rights.
In her collaborative practice, she works to achieve voluntary dispute resolution in all family law matters.
She is also a Supreme Court-Certified Family Law Mediator. She serves as a neutral third party, helping to mediate settlement agreements to resolve family disputes, a process that puts the parties in a control situation. Not only that, but the procedure saves time and is less expensive than traditional legal processes.
Her criminal defense law practice is where she cut her teeth. Formerly, she worked as an Assistant State Attorney in the Ninth Judicial Circuit of Orange and Osceola counties. As a former prosecutor in Orlando and Kissimmee, she conducted criminal jury trials, a majority of which resulted in guilty verdicts. She prosecuted and handled over a thousand criminal cases.
Based on her stellar performance, she was chosen to be a special prosecutor handling all aspects of domestic violence, beginning at intake, continuing to trial, and finishing at the violation of probation and beyond. She was designated by the 9th Judicial Circuit’s State Attorney to sign charging information, a designation given only to a select few. As a special prosecutor, her cases were domestic in nature and included domestic violence batteries, assault, stalking, harassing phone calls, violations of domestic violence injunctions, and violations of pre-trial release conditions.
She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, traveling, cooking, and when there is time, spinning and jogging on her Peloton Bike and Tread+.
- Florida Bar Association, 2006
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. Middle District Court of Florida
- Juris Doctor, 2006
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Decision Information Science, 2002
- University of Florida
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators (Orlando Chapter), Founding Member
- Family Law Section, Florida Bar Association, Member
- Central Florida Family Law Inn of Court, Barrister Member
- Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida, Member
- Greater Orlando Asian American Bar Association, Charter Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- 2021 Awesome Attorney, Orlando Family Magazine
- 2021 Best Lawyers Magazine
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 AV Rated Preeminent 4.8 out of 5.0, Martindale-Hubbell
- 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Florida Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2016, 2015, Among the 10 Best, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- 2016, Among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Magazine
- 2016, Among the Top 40 Under 40 Family Law lawyers in Florida, American Society of Legal Advocates
- 2015, 2013, Woman who Means Business, Orlando Business Journal
- 2014, Orlando’s Legal Elite, Orlando Style Magazine
- 2012, Women to Watch, Orlando Women’s Newspaper
- 2012, Beauty and Brains in Orlando Style Magazine