Close Menu
Orlando Family & Divorce Lawyer
Call for a Confidential Consultation Hablamos Español
Orlando Family & Divorce Lawyer > Orlando Family Law

Orlando Family Lawyer

Are you contemplating a much-needed divorce? Have you been served with divorce paperwork and need to file a response? Are you in need of court-ordered child support? Are you wishing to establish your rights to a child born out of wedlock? Do you need an Orlando family lawyer to aggressively represent your rights? Call the Donna Hung Law Group now.

Timing is everything in a family law case. Don’t wait. You need to know your rights before you lose them.

Our attorneys consist of a former criminal prosecutor in Orlando and Kissimmee who specialized in domestic violence cases and an attorney who has men’s/father’s rights experience. Both attorneys currently devote the practice to family law and criminal defense in the Orlando and surrounding areas. As family law attorneys, we believe that clients should be fully informed on all aspects of their case. Our clients can depend on our attorneys to contact them after each and every progression in the client’s case.

At the Donna Hung Law Group, we handle family law cases including but not limited to:

Dealing with a family law case can be an extremely stressful and difficult time. Don’t make the mistake of hiring a firm that doesn’t care.

Family Law FAQs

Do you have questions about divorce, domestic violence, parental rights or other family law matters? Legal issues in family law go to the very heart of the things we hold most dear, and it is common to be scared or anxious when making such substantial changes in your life. The more you know about the facts and process in your family law matter, the more comfortable you will be knowing you are taking the right steps to protect yourself and your children.

Below are answers to some of the questions our attorneys frequently encounter as they help individuals in Orlando with divorce and other family law matters. If you have other questions or need to speak with an attorney about your marital or domestic situation, call the Donna Hung Law Group at 407-999-0099. We would be happy to take the time to answer your questions and let you know how we might help you with your Florida family law issues.

Can I get divorced without a fight?

Of course. There are many ways you and your spouse can negotiate the terms of your divorce without fighting and with minimal contact with the courts. We can represent you in direct negotiations with your spouse and his or her attorney, or we can help you through a formal mediation. There is also the option of using collaborative law to settle your divorce. In any of these situations, we help you create a written agreement that settles all of the issues in your divorce, including the property division, alimony, child support and timesharing. Once completed, the agreement is submitted to the judge who reviews it for fairness and then grants the divorce.

Even when litigating contested issues is necessary, that does not mean it has to be nasty. Find a skilled, knowledgeable lawyer who will advocate strongly for your interests, without making the process hostile. Our attorneys always prefer to settle issues amicably whenever possible. We would love to meet with you and get to know you, so we can decide together whether our firm would be a good fit to represent you in your divorce.

Will the court consider domestic violence or child abuse when deciding child custody?

In deciding issues of timesharing and parenting, the judge will determine whether shared parental responsibility is appropriate, or whether only one parent should have sole parental responsibility. Evidence of domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse, child abandonment and child neglect can all be considered by the judge when assessing whether shared parental responsibly and timesharing would be detrimental to the child. Likewise, evidence that a parent knowingly provided false information regarding these issues can also impact the judge’s decision regarding timesharing and parenting.

Can a spouse’s infidelity be a factor in an alimony case?

Yes. Florida law allows the court to consider the adultery of either spouse in determining whether or not to award alimony, or how much to award.

How do you get a marriage annulled?

It is important to understand that an annulment is not the same as a divorce. Divorce is the dissolution of a legal marriage; annulment is a judicial declaration that a marriage was never valid to begin with. For instance, if the couple are too closely related to marry under Florida, or if one spouse was still married to someone else at the time of the marriage, the marriage is void and can be annulled. Other grounds for annulment include if one person was underage and didn’t have parental consent to marry; a party was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the marriage; or a party was tricked or forced into marrying. These marriages are voidable, meaning they can either be annulled, or the parties can decide they want to stay married and “ratify” the marriage, making it a legal marriage. Consummating the marriage after knowing it is voidable is one way to ratify a voidable marriage.

The annulment process would require going to court and proving that grounds exist to annul the marriage. If you had children or acquired significant assets during the marriage, you may be required to go through the divorce process anyway for a judicial determination of issues such as property division and timesharing. If you are seeking an annulment for religious or other reasons, contact our office for an evaluation of whether grounds exist to annul the marriage.

My ex-wife got remarried. Do I have to worry about her new husband adopting my kids?

Your kids are your kids forever, and your parental rights as the biological father cannot be terminated against your will as long as you remain a part of your children’s lives. In order to extinguish your parental rights, they would have to prove that you abused or abandoned your kids under the strict terms of the law, or are incapable of caring for your children due to alcohol or drug abuse. As compassionate family law attorneys, we strive to create a resolution where all parties can get along post-divorce and create the best environment possible for the children. That said, we are also strong advocates for fathers’ rights and will fight for you to make sure you are fairly represented during the divorce and in all post-divorce matters.

Our son got divorced and lost custody of his children, and now his ex-wife is refusing to allow us to see our grandchildren. Can she do that?

Florida law is very strong in favor of parental rights, and a court will not grant you visitation rights over a parent’s objection except in very limited circumstances. However, even if grounds do not exist for court-ordered visitation, it may still be worthwhile to explore options with your daughter in-law in an informal setting, such as mediation. With the help of compassionate, skilled attorneys, you may be able to work out a way to spend time with your grandchildren that recognizes the important role you have in their lives while also respecting the rights and wishes of the mother.

Contact Our Experienced Orlando Family Lawyers Today

Call our Orlando family lawyers for a confidential consultation 407-999-0099.

* Confidential consultations
* Credit cards accepted

Share This Page: