Close Menu
Orlando Family & Divorce Lawyer
Call for a Confidential Consultation Hablamos Español

Can child custody/time-sharing rights be modified in Florida?

View More FAQ Videos


A person can modify their timesharing schedule by filing a supplemental petition for modification. This means that something substantial must have changed between the time the last judgment was entered and the time you file your modification case, and that change must have been unanticipated. Once you have proven that change, then you have to show that the modification is in the child’s best interests.