Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Donna Hung Donna Hung
  • ~

Orlando Contempt & Enforcement Lawyer

Do you have a child support order in place? What about a parenting plan? Was alimony ordered in your divorce? What about a property settlement? The terms of a divorce settlement represent binding legal obligations on both parties. Contact our Orlando contempt & enforcement lawyers for more information or immediate assistance.

Any part of a final order of divorce or paternity can be enforced. A common problem people face post divorce is child support. For example, if the parent who is to pay child support fails to make payment(s), the parent entitled to receive support can enforce the child support order by petitioning the court for enforcement. Child support enforcement options include contempt of court, driver’s license and motor vehicle registration suspension, withholding a refund due on a motor vehicle impact fee and withholding refunds on federal income taxes. Once all remedies have been exhausted, professional licenses or certificates may also be sought to be suspended or denied.

Failure to pay court-ordered obligations can also result in contempt charges. The judge may put the violator in jail for willfully withholding payment, but before doing so must provide a purge amount and give the violator an opportunity to pay the money that is owed.

Another problem area people face post divorce involves visitation disputes in which parents seek enforcement or contempt. Failing to turn over minor children at the assigned time, interfering with a parent’s visitation, and repeated violations may lead to contempt and enforcement. Also, if a parent relocates with a minor child or children without a court order, this is considered contempt.

Finally, out of state final divorce decrees can usually be enforced in Florida under the Florida Statutes. For example, if the parties lived in Georgia and were divorced there, and the former husband was ordered to pay alimony but moved to Florida, the former wife could have the final judgment from Georgia enforced here by obtaining a certified copy of the final judgment and filing a Petition to Domesticate and Enforce the Out of State Final Judgment. Once the Florida court enters a final judgment domesticating the Georgia final judgment as a Florida decree, the judge in Florida could enforce the Georgia final judgment as if it had been entered here.

Contact Our Orlando Contempt & Enforcement Lawyers Today

If you are accused of violating a court order or if you are accusing a spouse or parent of violating a divorce or paternity decree, contact a knowledgeable Orlando contempt & enforcement lawyer for immediate legal direction. The Donna Hung Law Group uses an aggressive and practical approach to client representation throughout Orlando and surrounding areas.

Call now for a confidential consultation 407-999-0099.

Share This Page:

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation