Close Menu
Orlando Family & Divorce Lawyer
Call for a Confidential Consultation Hablamos Español

My ex-spouse/other parent and I have a final judgment and he or she is not complying? What can I do in Florida?

View More FAQ Videos


Well, it depends on what he or she is not complying with. You may be able to file a motion for contempt and/or enforcement if a person is not paying the support ordered or they are not abiding by the time sharing schedule. Contempt is a legal term meaning a refusal to obey a judge’s order. Sometimes an act of contempt is flagrant. You must be able to show that there is a court order, the person has the ability to comply with the court order, and the person willfully chose not to.