Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Donna Hung Donna Hung
  • ~

My ex-spouse/other parent and I have a final judgment and he or she is not complying? What can I do in Florida?

View More FAQ Videos


Well, it depends on what he or she is not complying with. You may be able to file a motion for contempt and/or enforcement if a person is not paying the support ordered or they are not abiding by the time sharing schedule. Contempt is a legal term meaning a refusal to obey a judge’s order. Sometimes an act of contempt is flagrant. You must be able to show that there is a court order, the person has the ability to comply with the court order, and the person willfully chose not to.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation