Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Donna Hung Donna Hung
  • ~

What is a paternity case? How do I start a paternity case in Florida?

View More FAQ Videos


A paternity case is usually when a father wants to establish his rights due to a child being born to an unwed couple. You may start a paternity case by filing a petition to determine paternity in other relief with the circuit court. The petition will allege that you are the biological father of the minor child, and you would like to establish your rights. Additionally, you will request shared parental responsibility and time sharing. Contact an experienced family law attorney in Florida to establish your rights.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation